Atlanta Hawks vs. Los Angeles Lakers
When: Sunday, November 27, 2016
Time: 9:30 p.m. EST
The Los Angeles Lakers will be happy to play someone other than Golden State when they host the Atlanta Hawks at the Staples Center on Sunday evening. Los Angeles is coming off consecutive blowout losses to the Warriors, taking it from a winning record (8-7) to a losing mark (8-9). The Hawks have dropped four of their last five contests after falling at Utah on Friday.
The Atlanta Hawks are:
- 1-4 ATS in their last five overall
- 1-4 ATS in their last five road games
- 3-10 ATS in their last 13 road games against teams with winning home records
The Los Angeles Lakers are:
- 4-1-1 ATS in their last six games against the Eastern Conference
- 3-1-1 ATS in their last five games following a loss of more than 10 points
- 5-2-1 ATS in their last eight games following an ATS loss
“They’re the best team in the league,” Clarkson said of the Warriors. “I don’t think we see them for a little while, so (we can) get that game out of our head and get our swag back.” The Hawks are certainly not playing like the Warriors right now, so Los Angeles should have a good chance in this one despite being banged up. Young is expected to play and power forward Julius Randle also has a chance of returning. Atlanta is 1-4 ATS in its last five overall, 1-4 ATS in its last five on the road, 3-10 ATS in its last 13 on the road against opponents with winning home records, and 4-10 ATS in their last 14 following a loss. The Lakers are 4-1-1 ATS in their last six against the Eastern Conference, 3-1-1 ATS in their last five following a loss of more than 10 points, and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 at home against the Hawks. Don’t be surprised if those trends continue.