Kansas City Chiefs vs. Atlanta Falcons
When: Sunday, December 4, 2016
Time: 1:00pm EST
The first place Atlanta Falcons will host the Kansas City Chiefs in week 13 action Sunday afternoon from the Georgia Dome. The Chiefs are coming off a big 30-27 overtime win over the Broncos, and the Falcons defeated the Cardinals by a 37-1 score in their latest action. The Falcons defeated the Chiefs by a 40-24 score in the last meeting between these teams back in 2012.
The Kansas City Chiefs are:
- 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games following an ATS win,
- 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
The Atlanta Falcons are:
- 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a straight up win,
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against a team with a winning record.
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
I am going with the Falcons in this matchup. The Falcons offense continues to excel, scoring 38 points against the Cardinals strong defense last week, so I am confident their number one ranked offense will be able to produce against the Chiefs in this one. The Chiefs own the 29th ranked rush defense in the NFL, conceding 121 rushing yards per game, so I expect Devonta Freeman to have success on the ground, and Ryan should do his usual damage in the air. Also, I am not worried about the Chiefs offense. The Falcons actually feature a strong rush defense, and Smith usually doesn’t put up big numbers, so I am confident the Falcons will ride their powerhouse offense to a win and cover the small spread.
Our Pick: Atlanta Falcons