Baylor Bears vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders
When: Friday, November 25, 2016
Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
Time: 6 pm EST
It’s a match-up between a pair of schools from the Big 12 in the Lone Star State. The Baylor Bears are on the road as they battle the pass happy Texas Tech Red Raiders Friday evening. Baylor lost their fourth straight game as they fell 42-21 at home to Kansas State last week. Texas Tech lost their third in a row and sixth in the last seven games as they were pulverized 66-10 on the road by Iowa State last week. Baylor holds a narrow 37-36-1 edge in the all-time series between the programs. The Bears have taken the last five meetings, including a 63-35 home win last season.
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 conference games
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games in November
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall
- Red Raiders are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss
- Red Raiders are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game
- Red Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 280 yards passing in their previous game
This one is a tough one to call. Baylor has struggled and has a true freshman running the show now with Russell out of the mix. Texas Tech has one of the best offenses in the nation but they’ve been terrible defensively and made Iowa State look like an offensive juggernaut. Still, Mahomes II can sling the ball with the best of them and it may not take a truckload of points to get by a slumping Baylor team. Take the points and Texas Tech in a minor upset.